Tuesday, January 23, 2007



One of the most beautiful paintings by Fra Angelico, The San Marco Altarpiece shows his patron, one Cosimo de Medici, in the foreground, looking at us among a host of saints, especially St Dominic, gathered round the Mother of Jesu Cristu. The painting speaks in many languages. I have not mastered many but I advise all my fellow performers out there and even those entering Second Life- (the new crazy virtual world about which there is a buzz and no flyswatter)- to learn as many languages as they can. One language=one woman; two languages=one woman vel two people, two cultures; three languages=one woman vel three people and possible mental confusion....no, I skid as I kid.

Aesthetics will be discussed in a later post-office, off Vauxhall Bridge Road.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger